Assignments

Business of Photography:

I learned that it takes time to get a good reputation in a business you shouldn’t just give up in the first year or 2. If something goes wrong, a good business will make sure it does everything it can to rectify the wrongdoing and change that bad experience into a good one.

Image Transfer:

Pick a Something:

Fashion:

Artist Statement:

Graduation Cover Design:

Album Cover:

Logo:

Hands & Face Montage:

Multiple Exposure With Flash:

Diptych Image:

Through the Lens:

Omar Robles a NYC based photographer took a photography class when he was in college and loved it which made him start creatin stories. He started photographing stories about dancers in the streets. His favorite subject to photograph is humans because of the beautiful stories he can make with them. He says “If I don’t create, I die” which really told me how much he enjoys and loves doing photography and he is passionate about it. I honestly thought that his photography was so good I liked how he would photograph a lot of dancers. I thought the dancers was good because it is a talent that not a lot of people have, and it needs to be more out there in the world.

Takashi Yasui is a 43-year-old man and has started taking pictures when he was 6 years old. He is from Japan and when he downloaded Instagram, he started realizing that there was so much more to photography, and he fell even more in love with it. In 2015, he quit his real job and became a full-time photographer. He has been featured by some programs that put him all over the world. He has been told that the way he captures, lives, and breaths is unique. He says “Restriction is good for progress” which I thought was interesting and I like the way that he thinks like that. I thought his photography was pretty interesting I liked the work and how he would capture beautiful moment in Japan.

Bodyscape:

Time Magazine:

Touch Series:

Cheer photos replacing future reflection:

Valentines Day Card:

Macro Close Up:

Self Portrait Illustration:

Mixed Media with Screen-print:

Food Photography:

Food Photography Writing Assignment:

Food Photography Tips on iPhone

I chose parfait pancakes photo because I feel like the way this photo was shot makes it look so mouth watering. I really like how it only focuses on the food and everything else in the back of the photo is blurry. I love how they added fruit in the back and on the plate next to the pancakes because it brings out more color. I like how the lighting really makes the dressing look more appetizing as well as really popping out the color of the fruits. I like the composition they used in this photo; it really makes the food look worth craving for.

Tasty Food Photography Workshops: November and December - Pinch of Yum

I chose the waffle photo with the falling powdered sugar because I feel like the effect of the powder falling makes you crave it more. I feel that the shadow makes it look better because you can tell where the lighting is coming from. As well as where they want you to look where all the light is coming from. I feel like the composition is so strong because of the angle that they shot it from. I feel like the lighting that is coming from the right really brightens up the white powdered sugar and makes it stand out.

Broad Museum Slideshow:

Broad Museum.pptx

Screen Printing Research:

Steps:

1. Design Drafting
  2. Choose and Prepare the Mesh Screen
  3. Expose the Emulsion Paint to Light Source
  4. Prepare the stencil
  5. Prepare for Screen Printing
  6. Print the Design
  7. Heat-Cure and Finish the Print

Artists:

1. Andy Warhol
  2. Ben Rider
  3. Roy Lichtenstein
  4. Rob Jones
  5. Keith Haring

Andy Warhol Screen Prints Keith Haring - Artworks for Sale & More | Artsy Roy Lichtenstein, Reverie, 1965, Screen Print (S)

Morrison Hotel GalleryIcon Flower Pattern Screen Print Black – Tim's Garage

Photomontage Where I see Myself in 10 Years:

Screen Print:

Bookface:

CTE and VAPA Classes:

Photography Career Tree:

1. I would be most interested in being a portrait photographer or a real estate photography.
  2. I would need market or advertise services to attract clients for both careers.
  3. The basic salary is $15.50/hour.
  4. What interests me is that I get to take pictures of beautiful homes and beautiful models.
  5. I would need a college degree in photography.

Motion Blur:

1. Costal areas can be photographers dreams to take motion blur photos
  2. Many rides have so much movement and lighting for motion blur
  3. Dance is about movement so it helps capture beautiful photos
  4. Bird photography is very popular for motion blur
  5. Escalators are good for motion blur which I have never thought of that its so random

Opposites:

Jump Start your Photography:

1. Going to the Movies: you can find inspiration in the story of the movie, photography, morals, characters, and in the dialogs.
  2. Go Through Your CD Covers: You get to watch the work of great photographers who shot the covers. Shoot a Sporting Event: Great opportunity to take action shots as well as portraits.
  3. Shoot For A Holiday Theme: An item related to the holiday.
  4. Shoot a Gorgeous Model: Shoot whatever your definition of gorgeous may be and to bring one’s beauty to the final picture is demanding and challenging.
  5. See an Art Show: They can give you a new idea to focus on; help you understand a technique or take on a new perspective.
  6. Shoot Your Family: Your family is always there, no need to get out, to schedule anything; just decide how you want the shot and shoot.
  7. Shoot in the Dark: This needs no special setup, just a tripod and a flash light.
  8. Use a Prop in an Interesting Way: Try to look at ordinary things in unusual ways is always a great exercise; not only to your photography skills, but also the way you see the world.
  9. Tell a Story in 5 Pictures: You need to know what you want to tell; make up an interesting way to tell it; find a beginning, a middle and an end and sum it up in 5 pictures.
  10. Shoot an Ordinary Item 7 Times, but Make Each One Unique: After shooting, start playing with all the parameters of the image.

Sandy Skoglund:

New Book Spans Career of Internationally Renowned Artist Sandy Skoglund | Rutgers SASN

I really like Sandy Skoglund’s work. I feel like it is different in so many different ways. I chose this photo because the trees look like they are designed to be people. I really like all of the colors that she used in this one too. I feel like her work is different than everyone’s work because of all the different things she adds into her creations. How do they even come up with these different designs?

Wassily Kandinsky:

Wassily Kandinsky Paintings, Bio, Ideas | TheArtStory

I really like Wassily Kandinsky’s work. I like how he makes thing sort of mysterious. I really like this painting because I feel like it kind of shows something. I feel like it shows a city because of all the buildings. Now that I really look at it, it is hard to tell what it really is. When I look at the left side, I see a city but when I look to the right, I don’t know what I see. His paintings are really cool but really confusing most of the time. I can’t figure out what he’s trying to explain through the art.

Rally (Painting and Photography substitute):

Indeed Job Search:

1. Preschool Photographer- I need to wait one more year to reach the qualifications. I need to be energetic and passionate for taking the pictures. I would want this job because I love kids and I want to become an elementary school teacher when I finish college.
  2. Newborn Photographer- I almost reach the qualifications, I will in one year. I would need good photo skills and not to be emotional. I would want this job because I love baby’s, and I think its so cute when they are in pretty outfits.
  3. Sherriff Crime Scene Specialist- I don’t meet the qualifications yet. I would need good photography skills so that the images come out clear. I want to have this job because I love crime investigations as well as photography.

Photo Montage:

Social and Political Issues:

Written Assignment:

I feel the way I do because I feel like there is way to many homeless in this world and I feel like some people really need help especially those with kids. I am for helping the homeless get out of the streets. The homeless have influenced my decision because there stories and what they have to go through is so sad. The other side might say that its there fault they got into the streets. I could see their point of view only if they were being bad and got into the streets for a bad reason. My reasoning is that its sad seeing people outside sleeping in the cold when your going inside your house to your blankets and heater. I feel like my artwork isn’t to offend because I’m just showing my honest opinion on the issue. I feel like the other side would get offended. I feel like it really does get my point across because its explaining that homelessness should end. The focal point is that we should work together to try and get people off the streets.

Cheerleader and Football Portraits:

Collage:

10,000 Dollar Shopping Spree:

• Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens – $479.00

I would need this to shoot pictures with and it is pretty cheap, and I am trying to keep everything within the budget.

• Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM Lens- $649.00

I need this camera lens to take better pictures and to zoom in and out more.

• Peak Design Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod – $599.95

I need this tripod so that I can take still pictures.

• Canon Speedlite 430EX lll-RT – $299.00

I need this flash so that I can add extra light to the scene and take control of how my subject is illuminated.

• SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC Memory Card – $119.99

I need this memory card so that I can save all my photos and I can put them into my computer to edit them.

• Ruggard Journey 44 DSLR Shoulder Bag (Black) – $54.95

I would need this bag so that I can put all my equipment in.

• Canon LP-E6NH Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 2130mAh) – $79.00

I would need this battery so that I can charge the camera.

• Canon LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack – $59.95

I would need this charger so that I can charge my battery.

• Impact 7’ Improved Parabolic Umbrella (Silver) – $59.95

I would need this to have better lighting.

• Impact Two Moonlight Kit (220V) – $248.75

I need this to have better lighting for my studio portraits.

• Impact VC-500WLN 500Ws Moonlight – $489.95

I need this so that the light could reflect from the umbrella.

• Impact Pro Backdrop Support Kit (12.9’ Width) – $199.95

I need this so that it could hold the background.

• Savage #01 Super White Seamless Background Paper (107” x 36’) – $72.99

I need this for the background of my studio portraits.

File Formats Explained:

Jpeg stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group. It’s an international organization that standardized the format during the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. It’s the go to file format for digital images. It has been ever since photographers began snapping and storing images on digital cameras and other reprographic devices. The PNG file format is widely used on websites to display high quality digital images. Created to exceed the performance of GIF files, PNGs offer not just lossless compression, but also much broader and brighter color palette.

A TIFF, which stands for Tag Image File Format, is a computer file used to store raster graphics and image information. A favorite among photographers, TIFFs are a handy way to store high-quality images before editing if you want to avoid lossy file formats. GIF image files are commonly used on the web to display graphics and logos. RAW files contain uncompressed and unprocessed image data, allowing photographers to capture practically every detail they see in their viewfinder. The RAW file format stores the largest amount of detail out of any raster file type, which photographers can edit, compress, and convert into other formats.

Logo:

Mirror imagery:

Shallow Depth of Field:

Man and Nature:

Read and Write Review:

1. Aperture: The smaller number it is represents a larger opening. Shutter Speed: How long the shutter is open on the camera ranges from 30 sec to 1/4000 of a second. ISO: Number that describes film’s sensitivity to light.
  2. When it is too grainy.
  3. AV: You choose aperture, camera chooses appropriate shutter speed. TV: You choose shutter speed, camera chooses appropriate aperture.
  4. AF mode gives you a range to where the camera is likely to focus on and you change it by holding the button and rotating the main command dial.
  5. You need to meter the light so that its not too dark or too light and you have the perfect exposure.
  6. A wide-angle lens provides a wide field of view and allows you to capture more of the scene in front of view. On the other hand, a telephoto lens has a narrower field of view.
  7. White balance is the process of removing unrealistic color casts, so that objects which appear white in person are rendered white in your photo.
  8. Depth of field is the distance between the nearest and the furthest objects that are in acceptably sharp focus. deep means the background is clear and shallow means the background is blurry.
  9. Driving modes can alter the sensitivity of the throttle pedal, the amount of fuel going into the engine, the amount of computer traction available and variations on the suspension settings.
  10. Exposure Compensation allows photographers to override exposure settings picked by tour cameras light meter to darken or brighten images.